March 7, 2018
Tell your story in such a way that it rises above the noise, creating a memorable moment for the consumer.
If you ask most business owners or church leaders if they consider themselves a story teller, they will tell you ‘no,’ but growing businesses and growing churches are led by quality story tellers – people who blend text, sound, and images to impress a positive memory on their customers or visitors.
Why? Think about this:
- If you walked into a church and the lighting was dark, or the sound was distorted, or the preacher rambled incoherently, would you walk away impressed, excited to share your experience with your family and friends?
- If you walked into a business and the room was dark, or the staff were rude, or they sold you the wrong product, would you walk away impressed, excited to share your experience with your family and friends?
Businesses and churches who thrive and grow know how to create a positive ‘memorable moment’ for their customers and visitors. They do this with effective, quality communication:
- They don’t shout, preach, or look down at their customers or visitors
- They LOVE their customers or visitors through their words, facial expressions, and deeds
- They read and listen more than they write and talk
- They use as few words as possible
- They devote most of their attention to providing quality service (which then leads to a quality product)
If you want to grow your business or grow your church, work every day to leave a positive memory in the people you encounter.